132525 AC digital version with a factory fitted LokPilot decoder R1995.00 including vat
132520 DC version with a digital interface 21 pin adapter. R1995.00 including vat
Price can vary due to the Rand value
Operating no. E 10 001
Chassis and wheels made of die cast metal
Motor with flywheel
Digital interface for 21 pin decoder, prepared for the installation of a sound decoder and loudspeaker
Switchable power input for catenary or track operation
NEM 362 couplings
Two LED lights which change with direction of travel.
Minimum radius 360 mm
Overall length of 185 mm.
From 1940 the Reichsbahn Central Office in Munich was responsible for electric traction. In 1946 work started on developing a universal locomotive. It was to be developed from the class E 44 series, which had been in operation since 1932. It would have a bogie two axle design with a top speed 120 km / h. and be known as the class E 46.
However with the reformed currency in 1948 the economic and transport policy in West Germany changed. The construction of a high-speed railway network with speeds of more than 120 km / h, meant that the steam locomotives classes 01 and 03 were no longer suitable. Therefore a new fast electric locomotive with a top speed over 130 km / h had to be developed.
Five prototype locomotive plans were submitted before 15 April 1950 and four plans were selected. By the end of 1950 the prototypes were ordered. On 23 August 1952 the E 10 001, the LILIPUT model, was delivered. After intensive trials, this locomotive was placed into service on 3 January 1953 and was initially located at Munich. The locomotive was shown at the German transport exhibition in 1953 in Munich. From 22 February 1955 the locomotive was based at Nuremberg main station until her retirement on 26 June 1975. Towards the end of the locomotive’s life span it was used to pull commuter and freight trains. The classes 110, 140 and 141 (E 10, E 40 and E 41) were all based on the E 10 001.